Software Craftsman - a graduate program
Here you can learn about the unique graduate program we are offering for software developers aspiring to reach crafsmanship skills.
A valuable career in software development requires a mindset that involves lifelong learning.
Therefore, our apprenticeship program acknowledges and supports this fundamental fact.
The steps in the program leads to the next level of skills.
If you complete our program you will have the title of Software Craftsman. If you have existing experience and other merrits you will enter the program at the suitable level.
An apprenticeship involves
- working side-by-side in a mix of young and up-coming talents with experienced craftsmen.
- have access to all our resources
- blog writing
- being active in organizing local developer community meet-ups etc.
- have 10% of the working time for libero allocation
- having an allocated budget for books, online courses, conferences etc.
- being aware of why you are aspiring to become a craftsman
- having a mentor to lean on
- having goals to be met
- Working 15-20 hours per week and possibly some vacations in Strongminds' office
- No or little experience in software development but keen on learning
- Reduced or no salary
- Working 37 hours per week at minimum wage in Strongminds' office
- Proficient in 2 or more programming languages
- Basic proficiency in various development techniques like TDD
- Produce a portfolio to be evaluated by other Strongminds employees and community peers. This will result in a score guiding whether the person is offered continued employment as Journeyman
- Has worked as a professional software developer for at least one year
- Can function as mentor for Students
- Honing skills
- Expanding the portfolio with more advanced work to be evaluated by other Strongminds employees and community peers. This will result in a score guiding whether the person is offered continued employment as Software Craftsman
- Has worked as a professional software developer for several years
- Can function as mentor for Residents and Students
- Software Craftsman
- Rotates between client projects
- Can take on any development role
- Can function as mentor on all levels